Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Announcing the Dieselpunk ePulp Showcase 2.

To all interested parties.

With the success of the Dieselpunk ePulp showcase it was inevitable that we make a second ebook. So now I'm officially announcing the start of DPES 2!

This announcement comes six months in advance, so I hope that gives everyone who wants in plenty of time to craft their story. If we can start collecting the stories around thanksgiving, we can publish sometime in December.

For those of you unfamiliar with the first project it's basically a group publishing / marketing experiment and anyone who wants to participle is welcome. Once it's done it will be available for free on just about every ebookstore imaginable.

The DPES1 went so smoothly we're going to approach DPES2 the same way.

Just like before i don't want to get bogged down by overcomplicated rules, but here is a framework to operate within. (For those of you who participated the first time it's basically the same drill). Ready?

** Dieselpunk ePulp Showcase 2 submission guidelines.

1 your story should be something diesel, but the individual writer gets to decides what the phrase means to them.
2 stories should be somewhere be between 4000 and 8000 words.
3 poetry is welcome
4 whatever you create, it should be complete/self-contained/stand-alone idea.
5 you are responsible for having your own work edited.
6 the individual is responsible for their own copyrights.
7 it has to be original material (as in, it can't be a Shadow reprint or a story featuring batman)
8 the stories will be put in random order in the final anthology.
9 text only
10 use your existing characters in these short stories if you want to.
11 the final will only be an ebook.
12 stories should be in English.

** What are the terms?

once the ebook is live you can't pull your stuff out, but you can publish your material wherever else you want, since you are the copyright holder.

** what is John Picha willing to put in?

- the ISBN
- the Cover
- at least one story
- make all the epub, mobi and pdf files
- publish the final on every ebookstore I have access to.
- keep everything as simple and as un-sticky as possible.
- try and wrangle another intro out of tome. ha ha.
- answer any questions as they arise.

** What are the goals?

This experiment can be for fun, but it's also a promotional space for existing series as well a tool to build dieselpunk awareness.

After each story the writer can have a promo-space to direct others to more of their work something like... "be sure to look for more "adventures of "X" on your favorite eBookstore."

I'm not too worried about making a lot of rules for this part, just think of it as an ad for yourself, just don't make to too long. ha ha.

** wrapping up

basically i hope making the DPES2 is fun a learning experience for everyone who wants to participate. At the end I'm sure we'll have an anthology we can all be proud of. I know that's what happened last time.

** How do we get started?

- If you're interested just let us know, then start writing.
- Whoever writes something that meet the guideline is in.
- There is no approval process.
- It's not a contest it's an experiment.
- Every time we need an unbiased choice I'll roll a six sided dice to decide.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Ladies and gentlemen start your typing.

John

Views: 1373

Replies to This Discussion

Anita: 

Feel free to include my story in the podcast. A female voice would probably be best. I think this is an awesome idea. I wrote the Rocket Molly Syndicate in the style of an old radio show, so hearing read aloud will be amazing.

Hi John T.

Thanks. I'll pair up a female voice for Rocket Molly Syndicate:)

I'll work with John P. to get final copy for all those interested in participating.

Thanks again!

~anita

Twitter: CoffeeContrails

Facebook: CoffeeContrails

Hi Joe,

Also cool. I'll pair up a female voice for Ace Rango.

I'll work with John P. to get final copy and also get his recommendation on timing of things - when the audio should launch etc.

Have a good one,

Anita

anita,

based on the volume of responses you've gotten, and considering what you think would be best for your show, would you prefer full stories or excerpts?

john

Hey John,

So far there are five, including me, interested in audio recordings. I think full stories is manageable.

These won't be radio plays, maybe some minimal SFX, but for the most part just read. This will make it faster to produce and easier on voice talent.

Have a good one,

Anita

DPES2 Update,

i just wanted to pop in for a quick status.

most of us are polishing up our tales based on feedback rounds from our teammates.

Russell has kind of earned the badge of honor as our Ace proofer, since he's made it his mission to read all 9 of our stories before we go live. Based on the feedback I've received from the team, and my personal experience, i know that Russell has been instrumental in improving the overall quality of the DPES2. by the time we go live, we will all owe him a special thanks.

So i'd like to offer him some kind of special credit in our epulp. i think that credit/title should be something unique, and unusual, as our way of saying thanks.

for those who have received Russell's standard "credentialed feedback disclaimer notice", feel free to toss some possible tiles into the ring. here are mine...

- Ace Proofer?

- Grand High Exalted Mystic Copyeditor?

- Beta Reader Over Achiever?

john

How about an Editor credit?

Cap'n,

nearly everyone on the team has acted as an editor in some regard on the DPES2. so that title, kind of covers everyone. i think we need a unique distinction for the only person who has run the entire 9 story DPES2 gauntlet, prior to its release.

john

I think this is a great idea:) Hmm.. I like the use of "Ace" maybe...

Ace correspondent

Ace word slinger

Ace ink slinger

Ace wordsmith

??

Anita:

I am also interested in doing voices for other people's work and doing audio projects for Wild Marjoram. Is there a way we could all email each other about this project, as opposed to doing this on the forum?

Thanks!
N.R. Grabe

Regarding Russell's title, I think "Ace Wordsmith" has a nice ring to it. 

I love 'Ace word slinger' :-)

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service