Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Hey everyone. Been fairly quiet around here so I was just wondering where everyone was up to with their writing and other projects.

I'm currently writing the fifth episode in my Tommy Thunder series so I'm chewing through the words at a decent clip. The last three episodes were part of the one big story so it's taking a while to get it finished but the end is in sight which is encouraging.

Also been doing some reading. Finished reading Doc Voodoo by Dale Lucas, a pulpy dark avenger tale set in Harlem in the 1920s and full of action, voodoo and a really authentic feeling setting. Not really my kind of story but a decent read if you like your pulp to have thick lashings of the dark supernatural.

Also half way through the Adventures of Fortune McCall collection by Derrick Fergusson. It's a series of fedora-clad pulp adventures with plenty of gangsters and action scenes. Good fun.

So what's everyone else been up to?

Views: 351

Replies to This Discussion

Well, Bard, I'm afraid to say - it's a trade secret! The best way to find out is to read the book, but here are a few hints. Most Steampunk is set in the late Victorian Era, but this is set much earlier, in Regency England. An "anomalous event" in 1742 crated an alternative timeline where the Industrial Revolution went in a totally different direction. The Romantic Poets Byron, Shelly and Keats are super-powered telepathic mutants who fight crime, and Frankenstein's Monster roams the turnpikes, seeking revenge on the mad genius who cursed him with life.

Here's the link if you're interested in reading more.

Whoa! I got put on a new page. 

I was trying to put together a pulp-style zine a few months back, but I got no submissions. If you would like to contribute to this, email me something at tleland1980@gmail.com and we'll see if this thing can work.

Thanks.

This sounds great! Travis, what kind of word length are we talking about here? 

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2020   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service