Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Hello,

I'm new to the group. I just got an old motorcycle running and was going to try to dieselpunk myself out.. I debated between two helmets:

this:

and this: 

I chose the 2nd one because I didn't necessarily want to go with the 'sinister' look. So, I'm looking at leather jackets on leatherup.com and am trying to pick something out... here's some comparisons with my motorcycle. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I also plan to have some wicked goggles.

Views: 1208

Replies to This Discussion

I have the Wested Leather Rocketeer jacket (over twice the price of these ones!), and while its quality can't be beat, and while I did indeed use it as a cooler weather motorcycle jacket, mine is heavy duty. The Wested jacket is a thick, heavy, last-three-lifetimes kind of jacket, and it gets hot in that thing, so it's really only for cold days. Summer riding is out of the question for that jacket. Maybe this brand you guys have linked to will be lighter.

Boneflower said:

I just bought that model, although in the glazed brown leather instead of black: http://tinyurl.com/czqf68a

I bought it Saturday, so I'm waiting for it to arrive.... *drums fingers impatiently*

I'd go for the first jacket, too =P awesome helmet, by the way

It just arrived half an hour ago and it is gorgeous. No two ways about it. Great fit, very nice leather, sewing nicely executed. And it smells great.
My colleague, who rides a motorcycle, did comment that the leather is far too delicate to provide any substantial protection if you crash.
However, I just ride a bicycle, so I should be ok. ;)

And the two font zippers are indeed pockets.

Steven Downer said:

Maybe you can tell me if those front pocket zippers are pockets or vents...

awesome buy there!

Boneflower said:

I just bought that model, although in the glazed brown leather instead of black: http://tinyurl.com/czqf68a

I bought it Saturday, so I'm waiting for it to arrive.... *drums fingers impatiently*

Thanks for the suggestions everyone and for letting me know about that jacket. I'll post a photograph once I get my whole outfit together hopefully.

These are some of the things I wear. Custom made, but comfortable.
Attachments:

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service