Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Hi folks,

I need some new music requests for the playlist. I want to swing like the dancefloor is made of lava.

What are your five favorite songs that get your feet tapping, even if you're sitting down? If you're not sure of the song title, just name the band and I'll track it down.

I'm looking for swing, neo-swing, electroswing, jump jazz, and anything that will make these hot summer nights even hotter.

Thanks!

-Tome

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

Tome, I'll try to be of some help.

This year already witnessed several great releases from dieselpunk-flavoured bands. So I'll propose to use "Voodoo Mon Amour" from Diablo Swing Orchestra's "Pandora's Pinata", "Rock it for me" by Caravan Palace ("Clash" album) and also nice unplugged version of Abney Park's "I've been wrong before" that appeared on their "Off the grid" and uses the "riff" from "Bei Mir Bistu Shein".

Good choices, Komissar. Here are my recommendations:

"Until the Day You Die" by Abney Park
"Pantaloons" by Tape Five
"Rancid Romance" by Diablo Swing Orchestra
"Bertrand Hustle" by End Times Spasm Band
"Bim Bam Baby" by Wolfgang Parker

"Nagasaki" by Cab Calloway (not sure of the derivation- I was given it on a compilation disk called Dieselpunk Landscape made by a friend, others-Benny Goodman, Chet Atkins, . . .- have also covered this song, which Wikipedia says was a Tin Pan Alley hit in the 1920s)

"Puttin' on the Ritz" by Wolfgang Parker

"Sing Sing Sing (with a Swing)" by Benny Goodman (1938 performance from the album

Carnegie Hall Concert, on Columbia Legacy)

"Bei Mir Bist Du Schon" by The Andrews Sisters, or Lee Presson(Latin feel to this version), or The Flying Neutrinos (There is also an electroswing pastiche of this tune by Waldeck, but it is sort of skeletal and not as interesting to me)

"Cinnamon Girl" by Dunkelbunt - [Cinnamon Girl EP, released on Chat Chapeau Records CCR017-6 (Austrian 12" vinyl )in 2008 or 2009- not sure about a digital format, though there must be one-this is an electroswing tune after all]

Thanks for the requests, Ed!  We just launched the new playlist yesterday, and I think you'll be happily surprised.

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Jazz Age Style by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2018   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service