After seven years, I'll be stepping down from my role as manager but Dieselpunks will continue roaring into 2017!
Thanks to a very generous effort from long-time contributor "Boss" Larry Amyett, we will keep our doors open for another year.
What does this mean to you?
- Boss Larry joined forces with a small group of dedicated fans to extend our annual hosting plan into next year. Over the next few weeks, I'll be transitioning all of our admin accounts over to Boss Larry including the website and social networks like Facebook, G+, etc. Grant Larry the same love and respect you've shown me, and everything should be alright.
- The music licenses from BMI, Sony, and the rest will stay in place until July. At that point, they'll be transitioned to a "live performance" license so I can continue with my DJ/VJ productions at Jazz Age Style. Boss Larry has plans to replace the current Dieselpunks Music Player with a streaming station, so stay tuned for new details.
- This is Boss Larry's first time behind the wheel of a site like this, so you might see some weird changes as he gets used to the controls. Don't panic. Shelter in place and everything will be okay.
What can I do to help?
- Stop lurking. Seriously. If you love something, contribute to it! If you don't feel like you have anything insightful to add to our network, just log in to say "hi" to your fellow dieselpunks. Ask questions. Make friends. It's incredibly disheartening to know that thousands of you have never bothered to say hello on the forums. Dieselpunks aren't passive observers! We build! We grow! Be bold and stop treating this website like a newspaper. Get chatty. Change the world.
- If you love engaging with other dieselpunks and you love the free content we bring to you, consider sending a donation to Boss Larry. I'll let him announce the best way to chip in. Just remember that every dollar helps. We make no money running this site, and every fee we incur comes straight out of our pockets.
- Speaking of dollars, The Diesel-Powered Podcast could use your help as well. They recently experienced an equipment melt-down to the tune of $1,500. Johnny Dellarocca and Boss Larry use this broadcast as the voice of dieselpunk, bringing us hours of free audio content every month. If you can spare a dime, consider donating via PayPal. Every dollar will go towards getting the Diesel-Powered Podcast back on the air.
That's about it for now.
Dieselpunks was saved at the 11th hour by mysterious benefactors. Who knew it would happen? Until next time folks, I'll be seeing you... in the future.