Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Anyone tried this game yet. I found it for a song recently, and noticed definite diesel punk and steam punk motifs. Only played long about 20 min. Anybody know anything more?

-The Tinman

Views: 364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've got it at home, but haven't yet given it a go. It was given to me, however, because a friend said the "steamy bits" reminded him of me.

BioShock 1, 2 or 3?

First two were great on PC.  Part three hasn't come out yet, but won "best of show" at E3 this year.

Here's the trailer for 3 if you haven't seen it yet > http://www.dieselpunks.org/video/bioshock-infinite-bioshock-3

I do believe that both 1 and 2 are in the case, and for my x-box :)
I have not yet played the game myself, but have watched some game play and it looks completely entertaining. I like the overall feel of the game.

The story is great.  What if John Galt (from Atlas Shrugged) got pissed off and built his mega city underwater?

That's the underlying foundation of the setting, but everything goes to hell in a handbasket when normal society is no longer around to keep all of the super-science in check.  Debauchery goes to far, and you stumble upon the mess that is left over a few years after everything went critical down below.

Bioshock is an amazing game, and it's been my favorite since I first picked it up.However I'd call it "Biopunk" if the genre existed more than besides a few books, since it focuses on the advancement of man biologically, as well as intellectually, economically, etc.

That, and the ending of Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2 actually choked me up.

Holy hand grenades. I guess I found a winner huh?
So far so good. The tech is amazing, the art is great, but above all the story flips you on your ear. Seeing the "Big Daddy" from the cover throws you for a loop. A diesel powered war suit that moves double quick and hits like a train. I see why people went nuts for it back in the release date.

I want to get a new computer, just so I can finally play the Bioshock games. Damn this old laptop.

I don´t agree with what little I know of Ayn Rand´s ideas, but it does seem to be something that can lend itself to some good stories. It would help push the US more in the capitalist, individualist direction that would make a more interesting juxtaposition with nazism and communism.

The whole setup seems to be a massive commentary of total disregard for any controls, or even morals for that matter. The story is fantastic, and plain and simple, engrossing... However, the creator waned to get away from Atlas shrugged in respect that the only real law is Darwinism. Its both minor and major in it's presence. I think you'll enjoy it for the simple fact that beyond bashing the global power of both church and state, the cit f Rapture is John Galt's playground. A world were only the best and brightest can survive. "Evolve Today!"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2020   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service