Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Or a number of architects if there's no "one and only". Or/and a city planner.

Any answer is welcome.

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

55 Broadway (London Transport) is my personal favorite since I've seen it for the first time in 1998. When I was a schoolboy I had an album with color pictures of London, with a strange angular tower on its cover (London University Senate in Bloomsbury). What a nice surprise it was to discover that it's also designed by Holden!

J.R. said:
Thanks Lord K. I just looked up Charles Holden and found a lot of beautiful stuff, including 55 Broadway which is simply stunning. I've never been to the UK so a lot of the work over there is new territory to me. He's one for the file for sure.

I'm not exactly an expert, but Antonio Sant'Elia   is worth mentioning.

Besides, I've been to the Unité d'Habitation of Marseille. The impression it left me was that the spaces were too small (even if I'm just 175 cm, wich means quite shorter than the standard man on which the building is based) an not illuminated enough in the corridors.
We had a short article about Sant'Elia. I found his work especially interesting.

Leviathan said:

I'm not exactly an expert, but Antonio Sant'Elia   is worth mentioning.

Besides, I've been to the Unité d'Habitation of Marseille. The impression it left me was that the spaces were too small (even if I'm just 175 cm, wich means quite shorter than the standard man on which the building is based) an not illuminated enough in the corridors.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2020   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service