Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

I've been thinking for a while that there must be at least a few people in my area who would share an interest in dieselpunk. So I've been trying to think of the best way to get them together. The local steampunks are gradually being organized but that was largely due to Abney Park came to an anime convention, which brought a lot of steampunks out together. Someone then took the effort to set up a local steampunk organization which became known by internet and word of mouth.

Several of the steampunks I've spoken to have expressed an interest. In fact, at or last steampunk meeting two came as dieselpunk, which I've done before. Our steampunk organization is very open of other genre punks.

So the question is how can I do start to organize dieselpunks in my area? I was thinking of starting with either a Yahoo Group or a Meet-Up. I've already set up a Facebook page. I was also going to start a site, maybe using Wordpress since it seems to work well for this, and call it North Texas Dieselpunks.

Anyone have any ideas and recommendations?

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Larry.

Just to be clear, which facebook group are you associated with?

Larry said:

The best source for steampunk activity in North Texas is the group I'm associated with: Steampunk Illumination Society. Our Forum is http://steampunkis.org/forum/

The next big local steampunk event will be All-Con in March, which is usually an anime festival but this year is steampunk themed.  My wife and I already have our tickets and our rooms reserved. The big local steampunk band is the Marquis of Vaudeville, who I interviewed their front man Toby Lawhon for Dieselpunks Forum and whom I'm glad to call a personal friend.

Well, Steampunk Illumination Society has it's own FB page. That's my primary one.

I've sent you a FB friend request, which might make it easier.

David Mark Brown said:

Thanks, Larry.

Just to be clear, which facebook group are you associated with?

Larry said:

The best source for steampunk activity in North Texas is the group I'm associated with: Steampunk Illumination Society. Our Forum is http://steampunkis.org/forum/

The next big local steampunk event will be All-Con in March, which is usually an anime festival but this year is steampunk themed.  My wife and I already have our tickets and our rooms reserved. The big local steampunk band is the Marquis of Vaudeville, who I interviewed their front man Toby Lawhon for Dieselpunks Forum and whom I'm glad to call a personal friend.

great! Thanks.
Larry said:

Well, Steampunk Illumination Society has it's own FB page. That's my primary one.

I've sent you a FB friend request, which might make it easier.

I'm excited about finding two people who are interested in dieselpunk. One of my collegues has been wearing hats and dress with a 1920's theme. I mentioned it to her and we got talking about dieselpunk and she's very interested. Another collegue also shares the same interests. I mentioned about wanting to get a group of like minded individuals together. That with some steampunks I know who are also interested in dieselpunk could put us, along with my wife and I, with about 7 to 8 people.

I might have the making of a small local dieselpunk start-up group!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service