Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

I guess this one is riding the coat tails of Iron Sky.

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Spotted this on Netflix last night. Love those low budget B-Movies. Still have to try and talk the wife into watching it though! LOL 

Looks pretty cool, if I say so myself. Might have to give it a look!

For some odd reason I couldn't open your link. = "The uploader has not made this video available in your country." = (Probably part of their evil plot to take over the Earth!) So, I went here instead -> Nazis at the Center of the Earth 

Good old ASYLUM. We can always rely on them to uphold the proud tradition of the B-Movie! 

I was thinking about watching this movie a few weeks back so I looked up the reviews on Rottentomatoes.com

The reviews were so bad by critics and viewers alike...it was actually entertaining to read them...lol. Tons of "the worst movie I have ever seen" comments...

...so watch at your own risk...you've been warned...lol.

As an aside, Netflix has volumes of original 1940's crime thrillers. One that received outstanding critical reviews was "The Naked City". I watched it and it was a fantastic film.

So, what? They were expecting Gone With The Wind or something??? Yeah, I think that some folks just don't get around much. (LOL) Ya just gotta love The Asylum. They seem dedicated to making only "the worse movie" folks will ever see. And they certainly seem to turn out more films (should say, DVD Flicks) than any High to Medium Budget outfit on the market. Full Moon Features is yet another great source of B(ad)-Movies! 

The way I look at it is that these outfits help fill that entertainment niche for when folks have watched the trailers for months for that MAJOR BLOCK BUSTER that still won't be released for months to come. And for after its release when folks are still craving MORE, but won't get to see sequel # II (or # XXXII) for another year or more yet. Yeah they are BAD, but they are SOOOooo BAD that even the major film makers don't generally bother to threaten them. I think that it is because they figure we will appreciate their films the more for it! (LOL) 

Plus you have to give these gutsy little outfits credit for ORIGINALITY! Yeah, that's right o-r-i-g-i-n-a-l-i-t-y. Just check out their film lists. These guys boldly go where no cash conscious Major Studio would ever dare to tread! Thus we get a wider variety of films (many of which have become Cult Classics) to watch and be entertained by on a boring Saturday night.

And let us not overlook that other niche of the ~ REAL REASON ~ behind why B-Movies originally were so very popular and tended to dominate the Drive-In Movie screen!!!  

Yeah, you can give me a B-Movie any time! LOL 

Joseph A. Burick said:

I was thinking about watching this movie a few weeks back so I looked up the reviews on Rottentomatoes.com

The reviews were so bad by critics and viewers alike...it was actually entertaining to read them...lol. Tons of "the worst movie I have ever seen" comments...

Dan,
I like your perspective on the whole "worst movie I have ever seen" B-movie thing... maybe I'll give "Nazi's at the center of the earth" a go...lol.
- Joe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service