Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

We interrupt this discussion forum with the following announcement:

I want to take a moment of your time to introduce myself to everyone.  My name is Ken Dickinson, and I live in north Texas, in the city of Denton.

About two weeks ago I was doing some online research about something completely unrelated to Dieselpunk, when I happened to come across the term.  I was already familiar with Steampunk, so the word intrigued me.  I did another search, and then another, and soon I had found several Dieselpunk sites, including this one.  I was very excited by what I saw, because it fit perfectly with something I had been interested in and doing for years already.  I was a Dieselpunk without ever knowing what it was called.  In fact, my interest in "Dieselpunk" predates the term by at least a decade.

So, when I began to read about the Dieselpunk sub-culture the name "Henri Maginot" immediately came into my head, and the story of a person began to emerge almost fully formed.  It was as if this person had been waiting in my subconscious all along for the right trigger to bring him to light.  Understand that I am and have been a member of several groups where the creation of a "persona" is encouraged, if not required, but have usually had to struggle with creating a one, often never getting it really "right" and abandoning the project altogether.  Henri, however, is different.  He "clicks" easily into a place in my personality.  There was never a question that among Dieselpunks I would be Henri Maginot.

I look forward to meeting and talking with you.

We now return you to your regular forum discussions already in progress.

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hello!

i use this kodak brownie - made of tin and bacolite...

although i've adapted it to shoot digital - the lens still has a very grainy feel to it... i recommend anyone uses one of these cameras, at least once, just for the atmospheric shots it produces...

That is a great camera, Gordon!

Very cool, Gordon.She's a beauty. I guess i'm gonna have to show you mine now that you've shown me yours.

gordon eight said:

hello!

i use this kodak brownie - made of tin and bacolite...

although i've adapted it to shoot digital - the lens still has a very grainy feel to it... i recommend anyone uses one of these cameras, at least once, just for the atmospheric shots it produces...

absolutely - can't wait to see some of your cameras + photos!

on t!he left, is one i took a few years back, with the brownie.

T. von Kramer said:

Very cool, Gordon.She's a beauty. I guess i'm gonna have to show you mine now that you've shown me yours.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service