Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

I was curious what reaction others here receive from the public when you're wearing dieselpunk style? Most of the time mine is pretty positive. Especially from senior citizens. Today was a little disturbing though. I was dressed in what I call my "Godfather style" meaning all black with a white tie and my white fedora (the same hat as in my photo here). We were out eating lunch when I noticed some women looking at a cell phone laughing. After they left my wife leaned over and told me that they had taken my photo.

Anyone else get odd reactions when wearing dieselpunk fashion?

Views: 1220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Growing up where I did, it was never much of an issue. The suburbs, however, are a much different story. So, a quick ad for one of my favorite shops. I'm sure that everyone already has their own but...;

www.HenryTheHatterDetroit.com

Here in DC even with a sizable population of hat wearers the only real place to go for hats is Hat Barn in Fredericksburg, VA, an hour south of DC.  Luckily for me I live near Fredericksburg...

T. von Kramer said:

Growing up where I did, it was never much of an issue. The suburbs, however, are a much different story. So, a quick ad for one of my favorite shops. I'm sure that everyone already has their own but...;

www.HenryTheHatterDetroit.com

I don't wear Dieselpunk on a daily basis, but my friends regularly compliment me on my way of dressing. I'm the only to wear a jacket as part of a normal outfit, and one of two to wear a hat..

Thanks for the tip! Now I just have to guilt one of my car-owning friends into driving me out there. 

Cap'n Tony said:

Here in DC even with a sizable population of hat wearers the only real place to go for hats is Hat Barn in Fredericksburg, VA, an hour south of DC.  Luckily for me I live near Fredericksburg...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service