Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

I went with my fellow members of the North Texas Dieselpunks last night to see Luhrmann's movie of The Great Gatsby. Here's my review that I posted to my blog.

Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You beat me to it by an hour! I saw the movie, but I never read the book. I heard that the main criticism of the film was that it wasn't up to the standard of the book. Still, I loved it, I love the visual style, and most of all, it just makes me wish I could take a trip back in time to the era.

Edit: Since I'm writing this, I might as well say that the only problem I had with the movie is when they played rap music at certain parts. That made me cringe. It's not just because I'm not a fan of rap, but there was so much good music from the era that they could have played most anything and it would have been a lot more fitting.

Good to read your review, Salim.

I hope others will give us their views as well.

Having a 4-yr-old limits out ability to see grown up movies.  We can hire a babysitter, but while I want to see Gatsby I don't quite want to pay $70 to see it.  I'll have to live vicariously through the rest of you until it arrives on Netflix. :(

There's not some teenage or college kid that you trust or retired adult that you know who could take the child for a few hours? When our daughter was that age we were lucky to have my parents literally down the street and they would baby sit for us. If we hadn't had them I think we would have gone insane.

Cap'n Tony said:

Having a 4-yr-old limits out ability to see grown up movies.  We can hire a babysitter, but while I want to see Gatsby I don't quite want to pay $70 to see it.  I'll have to live vicariously through the rest of you until it arrives on Netflix. :(

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service